Arvixe Web Introduction
Founded and owned by arvand sabetian, arvixe is based in san luiz obispo, california, and has been offering web hosting services since 2003. the company offers hosting to individual clients as well as small and large businesses. the company has gr...
ResellerClass APS Pro
VPS CLASS Pro
VPS CLASS APS
VPS CLASS APS Pro
Founded and owned by Arvand Sabetian, Arvixe is based in San Luiz Obispo, California, and has been offering web hosting services since 2003. The company offers hosting to individual clients as well as small and large businesses. The company has grown rapidly in the years following its inception and its performance has been recognized widely. Arvixe is interesting because all its 130 employees work remotely.
Arvixe Hosting Review
Arvixe has opened up multiple channels of customer service to facilitate clients wanting to get in touch with the company for queries or technical issues. A support center is hosted on the website that works as a ticketing service to register and respond to customer queries. A discussion board and blog page offers self-help articles and a platform for customers to discuss problems with each other. Live online support is also available. The company also offers conventional communication channels including email, a toll-free number, fax and post. Despite the availability of multiple channels, customers are not very satisfied with the quality of Arvixe’s customer support. Complaints about ineffective support and long wait times are common.
Networks and Data Centers
Arvixe maintains three data centers located in Dallas (US), Amsterdam (Europe) and Hong Kong (Asia). These locations enable the company to serve clients in the major continents efficiently. All the data centers are equipped with redundant power supply including UPS and backup power generators to ensure maximum uptime. The company uses several Tier 1 telecom service providers to provide a high-speed network to clients. Adequate arrangements have been made to ensure the integrity and security of the data centers including a centralized network operations center.
- The servers can host PHP websites for maximum user experience.
- The company offers a 60-day money back guarantee and the entire amount is refunded without asking any questions.
- Customer support is available 24 hours a day, every day of the week.
- Arvixe gives all customers who host all their accounts and domains with Arvixe a maximum discount of 50% on all hosting accounts.
- The company does not charge a single dollar in addition to what is stated on the website.
- Account setup is automated and begins as soon as the company confirms the client’s billing data.
Packages and Plans
Arvixes’ hosting plans fall into five categories—personal, business, reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting.
- Personal or shared hosting includes PersonalClass and PersonalClass ASP hosting. The prices range between $4.00 and $8.00 a month depending on amount of disk space, data transfer and domain hosting.
- Business hosting includes BusinessClass ASP and BusinessClass PRO hosting. The prices range between $22.00 and $40.00 a month depending on amount of disk space, data transfer and domain hosting.
- Reseller hosting includes ResellerClass and ResellerClass ASP hosting. The prices range between $20.00 and $60.00 a month depending on amount of disk space, data transfer and domain hosting.
- VPS hosting prices range between $40.00 and $100.00 a month depending on amount of disk space, data transfer and domain hosting.
- Dedicated hosting includes cloud and bare metal server hosting.
Uptime performance is vital for efficient client service. Like many other web hosting companies, Arvixe offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee to all customers. If the company fails to maintain this level of uptime in a particular month, it offers a specified credit on the hosting fees for that month. However, customers have complained that at times their websites have been taken offline for days without any response from the company.
Arvixe has emerged as one of the most dynamic web hosting companies with a high quality of service. However, there are some problems that clients have faced in recent years that the company needs to address. Some of the problems are identified here:
- Personal class hosting is limited to a maximum of 6 domains hosted on an account. Compared to unlimited domain hosting offered by other companies, this is a significant drawback for Arvixe.
- Arvixe’s plans are some of the most expensive in the industry, which makes it inaccessible to many potential clients.
Arvixe delights current and potential customers by bringing out new discount coupons every month. These coupons offer 20% to 55% discounts on hosting services in addition to special discounts for new customers.
- In 2015, Arvixe was named the Best Budget Web Hosting Provider by Fit Small Business.
- In 2014, Arvixe was named the Best ASP.NET Hosting Provider by WindowsHostingASP.net
- In 2012, Arvixe became the 10th fastest growing IT company on the Inc500 list.
- In 2012, Arvixe was named the Best Affordable Hosting Company by HostReview.
Arvixe has a dynamic presence on social media and often uses it to engage with its clientele and to promote its services.
- On Twitter at @arvixe
- On Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Santa-Rosa-CA/Arvixe-Web-Hosting/38795899233
- On Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/+arvixe/