Daily Internet Introduction
Daily internet is the name of the company that provides web hosting services under the name of daily.co.uk. the company was set up in 2006 by experienced it professionals and has become one of the biggest web hosting companies in the uk. the compa...
2 x 500GB SATA
Intel Xeon (Dual Core, 2.3GHz)
2 x 1TB SATA
Intel Xeon (Quad Core, 3.3GHz)
2 x 300GB SAS (10k RPM)
Intel Xeon (Quad Core, 3.3GHz)
4 x 1TB SATA
Intel Xeon (2 x Quad Core, 1.80GHz)
2 x 1TB SATA + 2 x 100GB SSD
2 x Intel Xeon (2 x 6 Core, 1.90GHz)
Daily Internet is the name of the company that provides web hosting services under the name of Daily.co.uk. The company was set up in 2006 by experienced IT professionals and has become one of the biggest web hosting companies in the UK. The company focuses on offering high quality services and customer service. Typical services include shared, reseller, VPS and dedicated server hosting.
Customer service at Daily.co.uk is a multipronged exercise. The company maintains a collection of video tutorials and how-to guides on its official website to help educate clients on how they can benefit from the company’s hosting tools and applications. A ticketing system is in place that offers assistance every day of the week between 0700 and 2130 hrs. In addition, clients can email their queries to the support team or post their queries through an online contact form. Surprisingly, a live chat feature that has become the staple of online customer service is absent from the customer support portfolio.
Networks and Data Centers
The company owns and maintains a single data server situated in the East Midlands area of the United Kingdom. The data server accommodates servers in the thousands and is connected to the Internet through Tier 1 connectivity. The maintenance of the servers is the responsibility of a team of expert engineers who monitor the data servers 24/7. The security and safety of the data center is ensured through a number of efficient systems including a fire suppression system and climate control devices to maintain a uniform temperature and humidity. CCTV cameras monitor physical security while UPS and power generators keep the servers running without interruption.
- co.uk has a highly qualified and experienced team of professionals.
- The hosting plans offered by the company are price competitive which makes them suitable for individuals and small business clients.
- co.uk promises personalized customer service that focuses on addressing the client’s problem instead of focusing on the script.
- The company is based in the UK which enables it to cater exclusively to the needs of UK clients in a better way compared to US or European hosting companies that serve the UK market as a subsidiary.
Packages and Plans
Daily.co.uk offers a variety of shared, reseller, VPS and dedicated web hosting plans. Here is a brief description of these plans and their fees:
- The shared hosting plans include Starter Pro (starting at £1.74 per month), WordPress (starting at £3.49 per month), Home Pro (starting at £3.49 per month) and Unlimited Pro (starting at £4.19 per month). These plans offer varying amounts of web space (5GB to unlimited), free Linux apps, My SQL servers (0 to unlimited), email accounts and bandwidth.
- Two reseller hosting plans are offered by the company. V2 Starter begins at £132.50 per month and includes 1GB web space, 10GB data transfer, 1 advanced mailbox and 1 MySQL server. V2 Unlimited begins at £275.30 and as the name suggests offers unlimited scale in its features.
- VPS hosting plans include Entry (£11.99), Value (£17.99), Plus (£28.99) and Pro (£41.99). RAM capacity ranges from 512MB to 4 GB and disk space from 40GB to 120GB.
- Dedicated hosting plans include STAG-DX1000 (£72.42), WOLF-DX2000 (£118.25), CPUGAR-DX3000 (£173.25), BEAR-DX4000 (£255.75) and HAWK-DX5000 (£319.92).
- All plans are charged 20% VAT.
Unlike many other hosting companies, Daily.co.uk does not make any specific claim about uptime levels. What’s more, the company does not provide any data at all on its uptime levels, on the website or otherwise. This is a concern because without this information clients may not be aware of any service disruption that visitors to their websites may be experiencing. In an environment where hosting companies offer credit and even refunds if promised uptime levels are not met, Daily.co.uk’s policy regarding uptime seems out of place.
Although Daily.co.uk is one of the biggest hosting companies in the UK, there are some issues with its performance that might restrict the number of clients signing up for their hosting plans. Here is a brief list of some of the drawbacks of Daily Internet’s hosting services:
- Customer support is not up to the mark as clients have complained about poor quality of support.
- The company charges additional amounts for taking backups. This is unbelievable in an age where hosting companies go out of the way to attract clients and offer them exceptional service.
Daily Internet coupons are a great way to get amazing discounts and clients often get attractive discounts and free services with these coupons every month. Some of the benefits that clients get with these coupons are free hosting service for a limited period, percentage discounts on specific orders, flat rate discounts on domain hosting, and so on. Discounts can range from anywhere between 20% and 50% of the list price.
- There is no information available about the company having won any awards for its service.
Daily Internet maintains a visible social media presence on popular websites in order to stay connected to its clientele and public: