Dreamhost is a leading provider of web hosting services to more than 1.5 million websites and applications since it was established in 1997. today, the company enables more than 400,000 entrepreneurs reach out to their clientele with their very ow...
1 TB HDD
1 TB HDD
1 TB HDD
2TB HDD or 240GB SSD
2.1 Million Monthly Visitors
DreamHost is a leading provider of web hosting services to more than 1.5 million websites and applications since it was established in 1997. Today, the company enables more than 400,000 entrepreneurs reach out to their clientele with their very own website.
DreamHost offers a satisfactory customer service facility. Rather than outsourcing the customer support function, the company has retained its staff in-house which enables it to offer round-the-clock customer support 365 days a year. In addition to Live Chat support on the website, clients can post their queries on DreamHost’s Twitter page and by email.
Networks and Data Centers
Although DreamHost has traditionally owned its data centers, it is moving towards a strategy of colocation on third party servers. Last year, the company consolidated two data centers in the state of California with the network of the ViaWest, a third party data center provider. More recently, however, DreamHost has invested in developing a data center alley in Ashburn, Virginia, where high-speed 1GBps Internet connectivity, strong physical and network security, and redundant power supply enabled the company to provide efficient and uninterrupted services to more than 400,000 clients.
- DreamHost is a firm believer in green hosting and invests heavily in renewable energy and environmentally friendly operations.
- The company offers comprehensive dedicated hosting services along with a fully custom-built control panel.
- In addition to web hosting, DreamHost also offers cloud computing services to reduce the hardware and processing needs of clients.
Packages and Plans
DreamHost has developed a strategic suite of plans and services that cater to the needs of its diverse clientele:
- Among web hosting services, the company offers shared hosting (starting at $8.95 per month), managed WordPress hosting (starting at $19.95 per month), virtual private server hosting (starting at $15 per month), and dedicated server hosting (starting at $149 per month). These services offer increasing facilities and control to the client depending on their business needs.
- DreamHost is among the few companies that offer cloud storage as well as public cloud computing. More importantly, the company allows prospective clients to sign up for a free 30-day trial for the public cloud computing plan.
- DreamHost also offers high-quality, reliable domain hosting services that gives the freedom to create subdomains and even forward domains to other websites.
In a break with the norms of the industry, DreamHost guarantees 100% uptime all the time. This is a surprise given that very few hosting companies, if any, make such large claims. In addition, the company promises to pay the client for each hour of downtime by providing one day’s service free of charge. Our research did not show if the company had actually made any payments of service credit due to downtime.
Although the company has been around for a long time and has developed a loyal following, some concerns have been raised with regard to its performance:
- Since the company maintains its customer support staff in-house, there have been problems with long wait times and overburdened support personnel.
- DreamHost services are clearly more expensive compared to some of the leading names in the industry, namely HostGator and Bluehost.
- The company does not offer automated backups, which is rapidly becoming a staple in the web hosting industry.
- There is no telephone-based customer support.
DreamHost is a veteran in the web hosting industry and has won prestigious accolades for its performance. DreamHost was the recipient of the 2014 and 2015 PCMag Business Choice Awards for its customer support services and web hosting services.
DreamHost can be contacted on social media through the following links: