Hostpapa is one of the leading web hosting companies in canada and is based in toronto. the company was established in 2006 in oakville and mainly offers web hosting to individuals and small and medium-sized businesses. the company is well known f...
100 Email Accounts
Unlimited Email Accounts
$19.99* first month ($49.99/Month)
$39.99* first month ($79.99/Month)
$109.99* first month ($149.99/Month)
HostPapa is one of the leading web hosting companies in Canada and is based in Toronto. The company was established in 2006 in Oakville and mainly offers web hosting to individuals and small and medium-sized businesses. The company is well known for its customer service quality as well as its commitment to green energy and sustainable web hosting.
HostPapa offers all the modes of customer support that are expected out of a reasonably performing hosting company. Clients can get in touch with the customer support team through a live chat feature on the website in addition to a toll-free number and email. The customer support staff at HostPapa is multilingual and can offer personalized support to all clients. There is also a ticketing system where clients can post their queries and wait for the support team member to get back to them. HostPapa has also created and uploaded a variety of tutorials and blogs on the website that clients can access to explore different issues and identify solutions to commonly occurring problems.
Networks and Data Centers
HostPapa uses multiple data centers with the main data center based in Toronto. More than 150 telecom companies operate out of the HostPapa data center. The data centers of the company are equipped with all the tools required to maintain a climate-controlled environment. Temperature control and water detection systems are installed. Fire-suppression equipment as well as raised flooring to avoid damage by flooding is also incorporated. High quality server technology such as Intel and Cisco is used to ensure maximum efficiency. To maintain seamless supply of electricity, the data centers are provided with standby power generators and UPS.
- HostPapa offers customer service of high quality.
- The company’s services are focused on the small and medium-sized business segment, which gives it expertise in their web hosting needs.
- The company invests considerably in maintaining its servers and data centers to ensure efficiency of everyday operations.
- The company maintains a large number of data centers within North America, which gives it greater redundancy and flexibility of managing server traffic and load.
- The HostPapa Website Builder and cPanel are easy to use and require little knowledge of professional web designing.
Packages and Plans
HostPapa offers shared, VPS and reseller hosting packages.
- The shared hosting plans include Starter, Business and Business Pro. The Starter plan starts at $3.95 a month and offers 100GB disk space, 100 email accounts and more than 200 free apps. Business also starts at $3.95 a month and offers unlimited disk space, unlimited email accounts and more than 200 free apps. Business Pro starts at $12.95 and includes unlimited websites, disk space, bandwidth and email accounts.
- The Linux VPS hosting plans include VPS Plus, VPS Pro and VPS Premium.
VPS Plus starts at $19.99 for the first month and renews at $49.99 per month.
VPS Pro starts at $39.99 a month and renews at $79.99 a month.
VPS Premium starts at $109.99 for the first month and renews at $149.99 per month.
- Reseller plans offered by HostPapa include five different plans ranging from the Bronze to the Titanium plans. The monthly fees for reseller hosting starts at $19.95 for the Bronze plan and goes up to $79.95 for the Titanium plan. All reseller plans come with the user-friendly cPanel, unlimited domains, private name servers, multi-language support and many other features.
For any web hosting service to sustain its clientele, it needs to provide a high and reliable level of uptime. This ensures that the websites of the clients continue to offer smooth operability to their visitors. HostPapa guarantees that uptime will be maintained at 99.9%. Server downtime due to maintenance is not included in the guaranteed uptime. Nor does HostPapa offer any credit or refund for server downtime in excess of the promised level.
HostPapa has a long way to go to become a world-class web hosting company. In order to satisfy its clients, the company will need to develop improved performance in the following areas:
- HostPapa’s terms of payment are a little exploitative especially for clients who want to cancel their service plan because of performance issues.
- 24/7 live chat support is limited to weekdays only.
- The company continuously keeps changing its operations, making it difficult for the client to keep up.
HostPapa offers various benefits through its coupon program to clients. Some of the benefits include free domains, free registration, and discounts as high as 50% on different hosting packages. Clients can avail these discounts simply by entering the coupon code on the official website.
- In 2015, HostPapa was recognized by SiteGeek.com for providing 99.9% server uptime.
- Hosting Review named HostPapa the Best Canadian Web Host for consecutive years in 2009 and 2010.
- com named HostPapa as the top web host of 2009.
- HostPapa was recognized by Findwebhosting.com as the top 10 green hosting companies of 2008.
HostPapa is very active on social media, which gives it an opportunity to promote its products and address consumer queries at a fast pace: