Justhost was established in 2008 in the uk and has grown rapidly into one of the most well-known web hosting companies. it has won a number of awards for the quality of its hosting services. the company today operates out of three locations in the...
500 GB (RAID 1)
Dual core, 2.3 GHz Intel® Xeon
$74.99* First Month
1000 GB (RAID 1)
Quad core, 2.5 GHz Intel® Xeon
$99.99* First Month
1000 GB (RAID 1)
Quad core, 3.3 GHz Intel® Xeon
$124.99* First Month
Dual Quad Processor
Dual Quad Processor
Dual Quad Processor
$14.99* First Month
$29.99* First Month
$44.99* First Month
$59.99* First Month
JustHost was established in 2008 in the UK and has grown rapidly into one of the most well-known web hosting companies. It has won a number of awards for the quality of its hosting services. The company today operates out of three locations in the UK, US and Australia. JustHost operates as a fully owned subsidiary of the Endurance Group.
In terms of customer service, JustHost meets the criteria for a standard hosting company. The company claims to offer personalized customer service by enabling clients to access a real human customer support representative rather than an automated response. There are several ways in which clients can get in touch with the company. The website features a live chat applet for instant communication with a customer representative. In addition, clients are provided with telephone and email support. While many clients find the quality of customer service to be satisfactory, there are some who feel that the customer service representatives are unable to speak in lay terms and that the response times are too slow.
Networks and Data Centers
JustHost owns and maintains servers in the UK, US and Australia that allow it to serve clients in these three markets. All the servers are Linux-based and are housed in secured facilities. The quad processor servers in the data centers are able to run continuously thanks to UPS and generator back-up. The data centers are monitored round the clock and maximum security of the data centers is ensured. Proper ventilation and protection against fire and water damage have also been made.
- JustHost offers money back guarantees throughout the service period. Customers are refunded for the period for which the service plan remains unused.
- The cPanel offered by the company is user-friendly and allows the clients to manage email accounts, domains and databases easily.
- The JustPlan service plan has been especially developed for first-time users with a low cost of only $2.95 per month.
- The client gets access to several free scripts including Joomla, WordPress and osCommerce from the scripts library.
- JustHost is a green hosting company and operates 100% carbon neutral services.
Packages and Plans
JustHost offers shared, VPS and dedicated hosting plans:
- Under shared hosting, JustHost offers the Basic, Plus and Pro plans. These plans start from $3.95 a month and go up to $14.95 per month. Typical features offered in shared hosting include unlimited email accounts and data storage, free domain registration, backup, and SSL certification.
- Under VPS hosting, JustHost offers four different plans starting from $29.99 per month and going up to $119 per month. The typical features offered in these plans include control panel, guaranteed access to server resources, and up to 30GB disk storage, 4TB data transfer each month, and 8GB RAM.
- With JustHost’s dedicated hosting plans, the client gets access to 1TB disk space, 16GB RAM and 15TG data transfer. The minimum monthly rate for dedicated web hosting is $119.99.
Server uptime is an essential requirement for reliable web hosting service. Although JustHost does not make any explicit claims about offering a certain level of uptime, it is reasonable to expect that the uptime would be at least 99.5%, which is what most decent hosting companies guarantee. Unfortunately, the company has difficulty maintaining a good level of uptime and is sufficiently poorer than many of its competitors.
Although JustHost has been around for quite some time, there have been some problems with the quality of service that has been unable to meet clients’ expectations. Some of the drawbacks of the service are listed below:
- There is no compatibility with mobile devices for the cPanel.
- The customer service response times are poor.
- The prices charged by the company for its service plans are more expensive compared to the industry average.
- Many clients have complained about a lot of spam getting through the server unchecked.
- Uptime is poorer than the industry average.
JustHost offers amazing discounts on coupons throughout the year. The discounts range from 25% to 80% off of hosting services. Flat rate discounts are also offered in online promotion. The coupons also entitle the holder to free domains.
- In 2010, JustHost was the recipient of the Best Reseller Web Hosting Provider Award by WebHostingGeeks.com.
- In 2010, JustHost received the award for Best cPanel Hosting by FindMyHost.com.
- In 2009, JustHost was named the Top Web Hosting Company by Already Hosting.
- In August 2008, the company was named the best Unix Web Hosting Provider in the UK by Web Host Directory.
JustHost is very active on social media and uses it as an important platform to interact with its clients. The following are the social media links of JustHost:
- On Twitter at @justhost.
- On Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Justhost
- On Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/114371958358782733603/about