Web Hub Introduction
Webhostinghub was established in 2010 with the operations beginning in virginia beach. the company mainly offers web hosting plans and web design services to more than 40,000 business and individual clients. the company has grown over the years an...
WebHostingHub was established in 2010 with the operations beginning in Virginia Beach. The company mainly offers web hosting plans and web design services to more than 40,000 business and individual clients. The company has grown over the years and has set up a second location in Los Angeles. The US team has grown to more than 200 employees.
WebHostingHub offers a free customer service to all its clients. The official website is a rich source of information for clients who can access a variety of tutorials hosted on the online education channel on the website. The website offers a live chat service through which clients can be guided through a problem by a competent expert.
An online help desk is also available where clients can register queries with the support team. In addition to the online tutorials, clients can also join the online community of WebHostingHub and interact with other customers of the company to discuss common problems and share useful tips and techniques. Clients who have social media accounts can also get in touch with the company through their Twitter and Facebook pages.
Networks and Data Centers
WebHostingHub maintains two data centers in the United States, situated along the east and west coasts respectively. This is a good decision because it enables the company to allocate the server that is physically nearer to the client. The data center on the West Coast is most likely to be in Los Angeles since that area is the centre of activity for green technology while the East Coast data center is likely to be based in Virginia. Both the servers are operated using green technology which makes the operations environmentally friendly. The data centers are maintained under careful round-the-clock security and climate controlled conditions.
- WebHostingHub offers advanced security features to their clients in the form of Advanced PHP Security tools.
- The company offers a 90-day money back guarantee.
- All customer support staff are US based and are available 24/7.
- An interesting feature of the company is free website migration, which makes it easy for a new client to transfer data from the server of the previous web host to WebHostingHub’s server.
- Accounts are activated instantly as soon as billing information is confirmed by the company.
Packages and Plans
WebHostingHub’s service plans are limited to shared hosting. However, there are options within the shared hosting service that address the needs to different types of clients.
- The Spark plan is well-suited to individual users’ needs and is offered at $4.99 for the first three months. The service plan includes free domain hosting, free SSD, 2 websites, 10 MySQL databases and $75 worth of free advertising credits. Backups are offered at an additional $1 per month.
- The Nitro shared hosting plan starts at $6.99 a month and is designed for small business websites. It includes free domain hosting and SSD, unlimited websites, MySQL and domain parking, and $175 worth of free advertising credits. Clients can also choose the data center they want their websites hosted on. They also get a 20% discount on web design services.
- The Dynamo shared hosting plan starts at $8.99 a month and is designed for high traffic websites. It includes free domain hosting and SSD, unlimited websites, MySQL and domain parking, and $250 worth of free advertising credits. Clients also get a 30% discount on web design services.
All the plans include free website transfer for a maximum of three websites.
The company does not offer any guarantee or refund to clients as far as uptime levels are concerned. However, earlier performance data shows that the company is capable of maintaining server uptime above 99.5% and even close to the 99.9% level. Although there is no way to ascertain these data, customers may be willing to accept this figure as a relatively reliable estimate of the actual uptime performance of the company.
Some drawbacks create problems in the company’s ability to deliver exceptional service to its clients. By addressing the following weaknesses, WebHostingHub can create a more user-friendly experience for its clients:
- The company does not offer the opportunity for clients to upgrade from shared hosting to VPS or dedicated hosting.
- The company charges clients $1 a month for automated data backup, which is strange since many companies offer this service for free.
WebHostingHub offers interesting discounts and special offers by regularly issuing coupons. Some of the offers include a flat rate off of various shared hosting plans of the company. Other coupons offer percentage discounts for domain hosting or specific activities.
- In 2015, WebHostingHub was named the Best Web Hosting Company by HostingKingdom.com.
- In 2015, NCM Online included WebHostingHub among the Top 10 Web Hosts of the year.
- WebHostingCat named WebHostingHub as the Best Web Hosting Company for 2014.
WebHostingHub maintains a social media presence although it is not as active as other web hosting companies. Nonetheless, the pages are operational and clients can use them to contact the company: